Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna
Objectives of the Scheme
The main objectives of the program are as follow:-
• Over all development and increase in horticulture sector through local differentiated strategy including marketing, processing, post-harvesting management, expansion, technological upgradation and research based upon every state/region’s comparative benefits and their various agricultural climate features.
• Increase in horticulture production, improvement in nutrient conservation and assistance in income generation of farmers.
• To make several on going planned programs for horticulture development as partners in mutually synergistic way and encourage them to work in tandem with each other.
• Promotion, development and dissemination of technology through modern scientific information.
• To provide employment generation opportunities to skilled and unskilled people, especially unemployed youth.
• To ensure fair income of farmers/producers through all round development by ensuring development of consolidated region.
• To convert traditional crop regions into orchards, flower, vegetable and spice production region.
A. Horticultural development project in 30 non N.H.M. districts
Covered districts :- GautamBuddhaNagar, Baghpat, Hapur, Shamli, Amroha, Bijnore, Sambhal, Pilibhit, Etah, Shahjahanpur, Badaun, Kasganj, Aligarh, Firozabad, Auraiya, Kanpur Dehat, Fatehpur, Hardoi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Ambedkarnagar, Amethi, Gonda, Balrampur, Bahraich, Shrawasti, Chandauli, Azamgarh, Mau, Deoria and Rampur.
• Seed production program in private sector : Base seeds of potato and pea are produced under the seed production program.
• New Orchard Planting – Region expansion is done for Mango, Guava, Litchi and tissue culture Banana.
• Flower Region Expansion – Program are organized for cut flower (Rajnigandha, rose), bulbous flower (Gladiolus) and loose flower (Marigold, native rose).
• Spice Development Program : Programs are organized for chili pepper and garlic.
• Rejuvenation of old orchards/canopy management – Rejuvenation work of old orchards of Mango and Guava through canopy management.
• I.P.M../I.N.M., promotion program : Integrated pesticide management program for prevention from pesticides and ailments in horticulture crops.
• Bee keeping Program – Honey Bee Colony, Bee Hive and Bee Keeping equipment related work under the program.
• Human Resource Development Program (Training) – Selected beneficiary farmers to be given two weeks farmer training within district and seven days exposure visit out of state.
• Setting up H.D.P.E vermibed : For encouraging organic farming, production of organic fertilizer to be done by establishing H.D.P.E vermin bed.
• Post -picking management program : Pack house and low cost onion storage (25 metric tonne) is established under the program.
B – Nursery seedling raising in low-tunnel poly-net and production of high value vegetables project. Covered districts : All 75 districts of the state.
Program under the project in 2016-17for hybrid cabbage, hybrid capsicum, hybrid tomato and hybrid cucurbits and the gourd family, hybrid bottle gourd, hybrid taroi, hybrid bitter gourd and hybrid cucumber.
How to apply : For availing the benefits of the scheme, the interested farmers have to necessarily register online at the website – www.upagriculture.com . Farmers can register online from cyber cafe/Jan Suvidha Kendra/Krishak Lokwani. Beneficiaries will be selected on first come-first serve basis under the scheme. For further details, please contact Horticulture Officer of your district.
Guidline PDF- http://uphorticulture.gov.in/site/writereaddata/siteContent/201708021515243835guideline%20RKVY.pd